Info and price
- Formigal(España) – La Massana(Andorra)
- September 19th– September 27th
- 9 days / 8 nights / 8 stages
- 700 kms
- 18 climbs
- 16000 meters climbing
- 1795 € (5% discount for repeat customers and groups > 3 riders)
What is included
- 3***/ 4**** Hotels, breakfast and dinner included
- Customized support vehicles and support staff
- Feeding points on route
- Pro video and photography
- Castelli Jersey
- Transport from/to Barcelona
- Experienced Guides to take care of everything
- Tracks of the route and optional climb
- Optional Services: Bike rental (300€) / massages (Contact us).
- More info in this PDF.
1) Formigal - Formigal
First and shortest stage of the route where we will be riding a circular route through the breathtaking scenery and roads of the Tena Valley.
We will hit the first hill of the day: Hoz the Jaca. One of the key sections of the “Quebrantahuesos” Sportive. Once at the top, we will contemplate the views of the reservoir and we will start our descent towards the second climb of the day: Panticosa. A steady but challenging climb.
We will head towards the last climb of the day: Formigal. This was a decisive climb of the Vuelta 2016, so get ready for action!
2) Formigal › Luz St Sauveur
- Formigal → Luz St Sauveur
- 100 + 56 = 156 Kms
- 4 cols: Pourtalet, Col d'Aubisque, Soulor, Troumousse
- 3800 meters climbing
Welcome to the Pyrenees! We will start the ride from the Formigal ski resort at 1400 meters of altitude, with a long descent in the French side of col du Pourtalet.
And then, the main col of the day awaits us: Col d'Aubisque + Col de Soulor, with the spectacular Cirque du Litor.
From the top of the Soulor descent to Luz St Sauveur where the strongest can challenge the colossus Cirque de Troumousse.
3) Luz St Sauveur › Saint Lary
- Luz St Sauveur → Saint Lary
- 73 + 47 = 120 Kms
- 3 cols: Tourmalet, Aspin, Cap de Long
- 3800 meters climbing
Queen stage of the Pyrenean route with the mythical Col du Tourmalet.
Famous stretch in Le Tour de France that takes us to the Col d'Aspin and after a spectacular descent to Arreau and the hotel in Saint Lary.
From there, to the bravest, awaits the long but spectacular Cap de Long.... Just amazing!
4) Saint Lary › Bossot
Classic stage by the French Pyrenees with a short route but chaining 3 first category cols.
After col d'Azet descent to Loudenville (end of stage in the next Tour de France), we continue with the famous col d'Peyresourde (by Peyragudes) and finally the short but hard col de Portilhon that will cross the frontier back to Spain.
5) Bossot › Sort
Full stage by Spanish territory crossing Vall d'Aran and Pallars Sobirá regions.
We chain Baqueira-Beret ski resort and the long ascent to the Bonaigua.
From the top, easy road to the hotel in Sort.
As an optional route, we propose a beautiful loop around Sort with the Col de Enviny.
6) Sort › La Massana
- Sort → La Massana
- 80 + 20 = 100 Kms
- 2 cols: Port del Cantó, La Gallina
- 2800 meters climbing
And we ride to the last country of the Pyrenees: Andorra.
For that, we have to cross the long climb to Port del Cantó. In Adrall road in slight ascent until the principality of Andorra.
And there awaits us, as an optional col of the day, the Andorran colossus: Col de la Gallina.
7) La Massana › La Massana
- La Massana → La Massana
- 44 + 19 = 63 Kms
- 3 cols: Ordino, Beixalis, Arinsal
- 2000 meters climbing
Last stage of the trip through Andorran territory.
Short but hard stage with 3 mythical cols in the in the best cycling events : Col d'Ordino, Beixalis and as a last personal challenge the Col d'Arinsal.
After a well-deserved meal at the hotel, shower and trip back to Barcelona.
Until the next Pyrenean challenge!
Terms and conditions
- This route is a NON competitive event, there are no timed sections or any price for arriving first.
- You must comply with the rules of the organizer.
- All participants must respect and follow all the traffic rules, as we ride in open roads
- Accesible route to any cyclist with a reasonable level and experience.
- This route requires participants to have GPS devices to follow the route. From the organization will be enabled tracks.
- There are optional climbs to suite all cyclist levels.
- Limited entries.
- We must respect the environment: it is strictly forbidden to throw away rubbish outside the feeding stations.
- It is mandatory the use of the helmet.
- This trip requires that all participants are covered against accident and proffesional liability insurance. It is included in the inscription price. (it´s NOT included your mandatory travel insurance).
- Barcelona Bike Tours declines all responsability on the personal or material accidents that the participans could occur, as well all the accidents they could get involved.
- The organizers reserver their rights to limit the number of available slots, as well to modify this terms and conditions. As well the organizers will have the rights to modify the route in case there are personal risk to any of the participants.
- The organizers will not refund any amount after the deadline date: 1 august 2020.
Booking your trip with Barcelona Bike Tours and join Epic Pyrenees 2020 is easy and safe. Follow these instructions:
- Read our terms and conditions.
- Fill in our booking form. Once you have completed it, press send and you will see a confirmation message on the screen.
- You will receive an email from Barcelona Bike Tours with all the details you have need to make the payment of our booking fee: 500 €.
- Once we have receieved the payment of the booking fee, you will receive an email confirming your booking.
- You must make the final payment before the 1st of august.
- Once you have made the final payment, you will be ready to join us in the adventure of your life.
- You will receive a refund of 80% of the payments made up 50 days before the event.
- No refund will be issued after the last 50 days before the start of the trip.