- This route is a NON competitive event, there are no timed sections or any price for arriving first.
- You must comply with the rules of the organizer.
- All participants must respect and follow all the traffic rules, as we ride in open roads
- Accesible route to any cyclist with a reasonable level and experience.
- This route requires participants to have GPS devices to follow the route. From the organization will be enabled tracks.
- There are optional climbs to suite all cyclist levels.
- Limited entries.
- We must respect the environment: it is strictly forbidden to throw away rubbish outside the feeding stations.
Info and price
- La Massana(Andorra) – Formigal(España)
- Group 1: June 1st–June 9th ( FULL). Group 2: July 20th–July 28th
- 9 days / 8 nights / 7 stages
- 700 kms
- 20 climbs
- 15000 meters climbing
- 1995 € (5% discount for repeat customers and groups > 3 riders)
What is included
- Stage 15 follow-up in next Tour de France 2019
- 3***/ 4**** Hotels, breakfast and dinner included
- Customized support vehicles and support staff
- Feeding points on route
- Pro video and photography
- Castelli Jersey
- Transport from/to Barcelona
- Experienced Guides to take care of everything
- Tracks of the route and optional climbs
- Optional Services: Bike rental (300€) / massages (Contact us).
- More info in this PDF.
1) Tour de France Experience 2019
We start the trip following one of the key stages of the next Tour de France 2019 in Prat d'Albis (Foix).
We will go by van from our base camp in Andorra to Tarascon Sur Ariege.
From Tarascon, we will ride on our road bikes to the col where we will enjoy the whole atmosphere of "Le Tour".
2) Andorra › Sort
- Andorra → Ax Les Thermes
- 77 + 40 = 117 Kms
- 3 cols: Port del Cantó, Enviny, Llessui
- 2500 meters climbing
Welcome to the Pyrenees! We will start the ride from the Principality of Andorra at 1300 meters of altitude, with a long descent to the Spanish border.
And then, the main col of the day awaits us: Port del Cantó, a long climb that will guide us to the end of the stage in Sort.
For those who want to extend the route, we propose 40 extra kms with 2 small cols on the northern slope: Enviny and Llessui, and back to the hotel.
3) Sort › Bossot
First kms of light ascent, following Noguera Pallaresa river road to Esterri d'Aneu.
Here start the "Haute Categorie" col of the day: Port de la Bonaigua with its 20kms at 6%.
Short descent to Baqueira, where cyclists can decide to go directly to the hotel or to try the optional col of Baqueira-Beret, final stage in Vuelta a España and Tour de Francia.
4) Bossot › Saint Lary
- Bossot → Saint Lary
- 65 + 23 = 98 Kms
- 4 cols: Portilhon, Peyresourde, Val Louron y Portet
- 3600 meters climbing
Queen stage of the Epic Pyrenees 2019 with a version of the great stage in last Tour de France won by the Colombian rider Nairo Quintana.
Short stage with the chained climbs to Portilhon, Peyresourde and Val Louron before to arrive Saint Lary.
As an optional climb, we propose the colossus Col de Portet (16Kms at 9% average).
5) Saint Lary › Luz St Sauveur
- Saint Lary → Luz St Sauveur
- 73 + 30 = 103 Kms
- 3 cols: Col d'Aspin, Tourmalet, Luz Ardidden
- 3200 meters climbing
And the great day of Col du Tourmalet arrive and its 17 Kms at 8%.
But before, the spectacular Col d'Aspin awaits us from Arreau.
For riders who have not arrived tired, the optional climb awaits them at Luz Ardidden ski resort.
6) Luz St Sauveur › Formigal
- Luz St Sauveur → Formigal
- 107 Kms
- 3 cols: Col de Borderes, Aubisque, Pourtalet
- 3400 meters climbing
Today we have one of those “Epic Stages” of the Tour de France with the ascent to Col d'Aubisque through the Col des Borderes.
Long descent to Laruns where we start the longest mountain of the route: Col de Pourtalet, crossing towards the Spanish border, and final stage in the ski resort of Formigal.
7) Formigal › Formigal
- Formigal → Formigal
- 65 + 13 = 78 Kms
- 3 cols: Hoz de Jaca, Panticosa, Formigal
- 2000 meters climbing
Last and shortest stage of the route where we will be riding a circular route through the breathtaking scenery and roads of the Tena Valley.
We will hit the first hill of the day: Hoz the Jaca. One of the key sections of the “Quebrantahuesos” Sportive. Once at the top, we will contemplate the views of the reservoir and we will start our descent towards the second climb of the day: Panticosa. A steady but challenging climb.
We will head towards the last climb of the day: Formigal. This was a decisive climb of the Vuelta 2016, so get ready for action!
Last night in Formigal and next day return to Barcelona! Congratulations, you´ve made it!
Terms and conditions
- It is mandatory the use of the helmet.
- This trip requires that all participants are covered against accident and proffesional liability insurance. It is included in the inscription price. (it´s NOT included your mandatory travel insurance).
- Barcelona Bike Tours declines all responsability on the personal or material accidents that the participans could occur, as well all the accidents they could get involved.
- The organizers reserver their rights to limit the number of available slots, as well to modify this terms and conditions. As well the organizers will have the rights to modify the route in case there are personal risk to any of the participants.
- The organizers will not refund any amount after the deadline date: 1 june 2019.
Booking your trip with Barcelona Bike Tours and join Epic Pyrenees 2019 is easy and safe (Available ONLY from 20th to 28th July). Follow these instructions:
- Read our terms and conditions.
- Fill in our booking form. Once you have completed it, press send and you will see a confirmation message on the screen.
- You will receive an email from Barcelona Bike Tours with all the details you have need to make the payment of our booking fee: 500 €.
- Once we have receieved the payment of the booking fee, you will receive an email confirming your booking.
- You must make the final payment before the 1st of June.
- Once you have made the final payment, you will be ready to join us in the adventure of your life.
- You will receive a refund of 80% of the payments made up 50 days before the event.
- No refund will be issued after the last 50 days before the start of the trip.